I’m running out of clever titles for these, you guys. ;) But hopefully this one will make sense verrrrry soon. :)
The other day, I woke up, took a shower, and then donned my refashion for the day.
Just one problem…It was a little chilly out, and my arms were NOT going to be happy as-is.
I began with removing these guys.
Then I made a chop.
That bottom scrap is about to become my new sleeves!
I cut that bottom part open.
I cut one sleeve out, making sure it was the same width at the bottom of the short sleeve (plus seam allowance). Then I used that sleeve as a guide for the second sleeve.
Then, I stitched a seam down each sleeve.
Then, I pinned my sleeves into the existing sleeves. Yes…I could have used my seam ripper to remove the existing sleeves and put in completely new sleeves, but I thought this would look more interesting…and I kind of like when you can see the story behind my refashions. :)
I stitched my new sleeves down, using two rows of stitches.
When I was done adding my sleevage, I still wasn’t quite happy with the fit of my frock, so I took it in just a bit.
I stitched each side down, and then gave my new dress a new hem!
My new dress had a great day at the !
So…for all of you who have been asking me to show how to add on sleeves…here’s one way. I promise to show more options as the chilly fall and winter months drag on! ;)