I was quite happy to stumble upon this dress with a lovely cameo print. :)
I was even willing to look past those gigantic shoulder pads!
Okay. I clearly have some work to here. First, I made a few chops.
Don’t worry! I know some of you guys hate it when I remove cuffs & collars, but I’m keeping these. They’re just being relocated!
With my cuffs chopped and those pads removed, I was ready to take in this dress a bit. I took it from the back like so:
I took the cuffs and pressed the raw edges down.
Then, I stitched each side down.
Then I took one cuff and pinned it under the largest lapel on my new dress.
In case you can’t tell, I’ve been on a bit of an asymmetry kick lately, hence my ‘do! This dress was going to be a fun experiment in balance or lack thereof.
I stitched the cuff down…
Then I chopped a bit more from one of the sleeves.
I hemmed the raw edge…
…then I attached the remaining cuff!
The other sleeve got a different kind of cuff!
Now I just needed to get rid of some of that length!
I hemmed my new dress, and stitched that bottom part into a sash.
That’s right…this was almost a totally no-waste refashion!
I’m really happy with this one, you guys!
And here it is from the back!
My cameo dress and I made a cameo (har har) appearance at my pal Phillip’s house for some tasty chili with friends! :)