Today’s piece began as an odd blue jumpsuit.
Alright…as I’m not a mechanic, this piece wasn’t going to work as is. But I do love the color, the multitude of pockets, and this cute little applique!
I immediately got to de-legging it by removing the seams at the crotch.
Then I trimmed off the legs below the unpicked seams.
Alright…now it’s time to give this legless wonder a bit of shape! I tossed it on my dress form inside-out and pinned the sides, like so:
I ran each side through my machine.
I cut off the extra fabric, and put the dress back on my dress form, right-side-out this time, and pinned new seams from where I unpicked the crotch.
I’m almost done! All that’s left to do is give my new dress a new hem!
Check it out! Now that wacky jumpsuit is a terrific little day dress!
You guys will be pleased to know that my lil Cabriolet is back in action, with a sweet new exhaust system! She sounds amazing, and I’m so glad she didn’t need any major work! Much thanks to Erin and Mike for helping me get around while she was in the shop! I’m lucky to have such sweet friends! :)