When I first found this awful yellow dress, it left me feeling anything but mellow!
The first issue I had to address (har har) was a couple of stains on the bottom half of the dress that I couldn’t get to photograph for the life of me. Rest assured, they were pretty obvious in person and appeared to be of the coffee persuasion. I decided to just lop that part off and make this dress into a top!
I put my future top on my dress form and pinned it, taking it in about 3″ on each side.
Then, I ran each side through my machine!
I wasn’t really feeling the original neckline at all. I used my seam ripper to remove those 3 functionless buttons…
and gave that middle section a quick snip to turn it into a much more flattering V-neck!
I grabbed that bottom cut off section, and snipped off the bottom hem. Check out how pretty and lacy it is on the inside! :)
I used this cut off scrap as a sash to cinch the waist of my cute new tunic!
I wore my new top to the Original Pancake House for a tasty Fat Tuesday Breakfast Dinner with the Fella! :)