Woo hoo! My interwebs are back and ready for action! :) Sorry for the delay on this post, guys.
The story of today’s piece is a little complicated. This is one of my first refashions, and I think we can all agree that it was a fail. :/ You’re looking at a rather pathetic attempt at a T-shirt frankendress.
Sadly, I don’t have any pics of the original dress. It was yet another old-ladyish numba. I bought it after falling in love with the subtle leopard print (hard to see in photos) with all these people hanging out on it. :)
I decided to scrap the dress idea altogether and just make this a nice, simple skirt. :)
First, I lopped off the top.
Next, I made a casing at the top of the skirt.
Next, I threaded elastic into its new casing.
Now I have a cute skirt that looks muuuuch better than that original atrocity! :)