I was super happy to find this dress at my favorite $1.00 thrift store.
The cutesy flower bouquet print isn’t my typical style, but I liked the cut of this dress. At first I thought it was 50’s vintage, but upon closer inspection the construction makes me think it’s an 80’s dress cut in a 50’s style.
Whatever…after a long week, I felt like frocking up a bit. :)
However, there was one problem. I found a few odd pink stains on the dress that I had to deal with.
Fortunately, these all came out in the wash (with a pre-treatment). You can’t see them in the “before” pics, because I wash every garment before I try anything on.
Now all I needed to do was give this dress a bit more shape. I brought the waist in a bit with a safety pin.
I loved the fullness of the skirt and really wanted to show it off. I took one of my crinolines (scored for $1 at a yard sale) and instantly upped the frouf factor! :)
Now I have a totally 50’s style dress that June Cleaver would be proud to wear! :)