Today’s piece was a 50 cent find that began its life as a Lands End shirt dress.
I like the pockets and the epaulets on the shoulders, but It’s obviously way to big for me. This shirt dress had other issues as well.
A few of the buttons near the bottom of the dress had been completely torn out, leaving big holes in the front placket! :( Blerg!
I chopped off the bottom of the shirt dress where the last of the torn out buttons was.
I wasn’t happy with how much I ended up having to chop off. :( I wanted to keep it as a dress, but that wasn’t going to happen.
I took it in about 1 1/2 inches on each side.
You can see where I initially went through with a straight stitch, and then sewed a zigzag stitch next to it. That’s so the edges wouldn’t go fray-crazy when I chopped off the excess fabric.
I hemmed the bottom edge, pressed everything, and was done.
Now I’m prepared if ever Mary Kay sends me on safari!
Forgive the weirdo-looking hair. It was quite windy out!