Just when I thought spring had finally made its grand entrance, temps dropped to 42 degrees, and rain began bucketing from the skies. I am not pleased. :(
This dress wasn’t helping my mood. It fit fine, but the pretty floral fabric was quite thick. With that stifling turtleneck, too-long sleeves, and abundant length, I wasn’t going to have any fun.
I began by tackling that turtleneck. This thing was extremely well-secured, so removing it took about 30 minutes!
Once the turtleneck was off, I seam-ripped an inch more to widen the neck for more of a boatneck look.
The next step was easy. Step 1: Chop. Step 2: Chop. Step 3: Chop with glee!
All this ripping and chopping left me with a bunch of raw edges to take care of. I started with the neck. I made a nice ‘n teeny rolled hem.
Next, I pinned and sewed hems for the sleeves and bottom of the skirt.
I pressed my new hems and was ready to brave the rainy crudtastic day!
The fella and I scurried off into the cold to meet up with some buds for a square-themed potluck! :)