Today’s dress began as a not-so-hot matronly mess.
‘Nuff said, right? I liked the pretty purple floral print, and the fabric was delightfully soft. But this wasn’t going to work out as-is.
First off, I removed these icky guys.
Shoulder pads gross me out. You know how everyone talks about sponges being breeding grounds for bacteria? That’s how I feel about shoulder pads…and people sewed these permanently into their clothes?!?!!! ACK! The “before” shots where I’m wearing shoulder pads always make me a bit squeamish.
Now that the detestable pads were gone, I needed to make a couple of cuts.
Next, I pinned down those raw edges so they wouldn’t fray.
I threaded my machine with some purple thread, and got to bidness.
Now I needed to take on that lame neckline. First off, I removed the first few buttons from the top of the dress, including this one.
I pinned the neckline down into a V, and ran each side through my sewing machine. I pressed all my new hems and was good to go!
The new sleeve length was terrif, but not adequate to keep me warm and toasty on this chilly November day. I threw on one of my favorite cardigans while at work.
After work, I went to my sister’s house for some family time and puppy love. :)